Saturday, February 14, 2009
inspiration day #2
It is very interesting to me once again how people affect one another so much. I say this is day 2 of being inspired, because it has happened once again. The nervousness comes and goes. Not knowing what to do, or rather what not to do. Stumbling. Inspired. A mixture of feelings all within one. Too many to know what to do with. Adjectives, oh wonderful adjectives there are none to describe this feeling, nor are there adverbs or nouns. As said before, it is simply indescribable. How lovely a feeling something without words. I am "sent singing through the woods." Literally. Well, perhaps only halfway a literal statement. I cannot wait to begin a painting. It's like I was in a rough winter for so many years I cannot even remember what spring looks like. And now it is here, except it is brighter and more exuberant than any other spring I have seen. It holds flowers of a kind I have never held in my life. A wonderful scent that has never filled my nose. Simply extraordinary. On being inspired, yes inspired. Happiness too. I have also begun reading this book of poetry I had bought in Chicago. Charles Bukowsky, it was in the clearance at Barnes and Noble, why? It is some of the best work I have read. The reason? He's so honest. I have never read such straightforward, honest poetry. I love it. He also did not want this particular piece published until after his death. How incredible! That is what makes his work so wonderful. He did not write for others, he did it for himself. At least that's what it seems so far, I do not know much about him but I will find out soon. It's almost 3 AM and I am no where near even thinking of sleep. I'm exhausted, sure. But once again that inspiration has taken over me. I am once again as I usually am at a loss for words to describe all of this or to even go on talking at all. This is more than the happiness I felt when I moved back here. It's truly overwhelming, in a good way. A very good way. "you sent me singing through the woods," once again and I don't want it to end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment